This wooden branch spoon has been hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village.
The size and thickness of the spoon make it a favourite with babies and toddlers. It is a terrific size for learning to grasp and hold with the added bonus of being beautiful and tactile.
Add this item to a play kitchen set up and delight in the adventurous play treats you are sure to be served up. Each piece is unique and tells the story of the crafts-person selecting the piece of timber and shaping it by hand to bring out the beauty in each piece. A delightfully delicate spoon perfect for stirring pots or scooping.
- Dimensions: 12.5cm x 3cm
- Made from Doussie, a Vietnamese plantation timber.
- Finished with food-grade vegetable oil.
CARING FOR YOUR WOODEN ITEMS
Our wooden items have been handcrafted and are waxed with food-grade wax.To keep your wood looking its best:
- Do not leave submerged in water for a really long time ( like a week) - play is ok and hang it up to dry after.
- Dry with a tea towel after getting wet
- Then keep it beautiful with a rub of bee's wax or vegetable oil into the wood to avoid the fibres lifting.
- Only use mild dishwashing detergent if needed
- Never put wood in the dishwasher
We work with a small Vietnamese enterprise that promotes Vietnamese handicrafts ensuring stability in the industry, work from home opportunities for young mothers and protection for traditional skills and crafts.
Connecting play with nature.